Photo: Jessica Arnold / Arnold Imaging LLC
“Love songs don’t have to be sad or overly sentimental. Sometimes they can make their case and be clear-eyed about it as pop-punk’s Donaher prove on “Before Anyone Else”.”- PopMatters
New England power-pop 4-piece Donaher have just released a new single, “Before Anyone Else.”
The track is the first new music from the band since their debut album, 2017’s “I Swear My Love Is True.”
“Before Anyone Else” is an upbeat love-struck fantasy power-ballad that reflects back on new love after having spent a proverbial lifetime together. If you’re into 90’s-era Weezer and the love-lorn melancholy of Smoking Popes, you’re going to want to follow Donaher and add their songs to your bae’s playlist.
Produced by Gary Cioffi (A Will Away, Transit, Bloom) and mastered by Jim Keaney (The Organ Beats, Pansy Division).
Donaher is on tour in the Northeast this fall:
10.24 Brooklyn NY – Sixty Sixth Congress
10.25 Trenton NJ – Mill Hill Basement
10.26 Philadelphia PA – the Grape Room
11.1 Manchester NH – Shaskeen
11.2 Providence RI – Alchemy
Donaher, a power-pop quartet, resides somewhere between Boston, MA and a 90-minute joyride to the heart of New Hampshire’s White Mountains. Their debut album “I Swear My Love Is True” was released digitally in the summer of 2017 followed by a vinyl release. The band was nominated “Pop Act of the Year” at the 2018 New England Music Awards. Donaher is touring the Northeast in support of their new single “Before Anyone Else” October 24 through November 2, 2019.
▪ “An album that could have been recorded between Weezer’s poppy Blue album and the emotion-rollercoaster of Pinkerton.” – New Noise Magazine
▪ “A juicy serving of power pop pleasure. There’s a guest appearance from Get Up Kids singer Matt Pryor; that and lyrics about romance at the mall make it clear where the Manchester quartet’s sweet spot lay, decade-wise.” – Hippo Press
▪ “Equal parts 90’s alternative and early 00’s pop punk. With hooks and choruses that will stick for days, solos that soar.” – PunkNews.org
▪ “[Donaher’s sound is] Classic: catchy, melodic power-pop songs of love and heartbreak. It’s like if This Year’s Model-era Elvis Costello and Road To Ruin-era Ramones had a kid, and that kid grew up on a steady diet of the Lemonheads and Mr. T Experience. – DyingScene.com
▪ “…Hard-edged power-pop.”- PopMatters